Sunday, August 25, 2013

COMPLETED: Sally Petersen - Remembering the Dead

Stephanie took on this challenge and found the obituary! Here it is:
 

Here is the link to the obituary. I was surprised that the obituary was so small, but I couldn't help but wonder how this family coped with the loss.  I would love to talk to my mother about this.

PRIOR PROJECT
 
 

Sally Petersen was my mother's sister who died early in life.  Surprisingly, however, I have almost no documents relating to her or her life, which is unfortunate!  Any documents on Sally would be appreciated, but I am particularly interested in her obituary, as I have seen that document referenced in multiple places.  I think she died in May 1, 1971, Orem, but I am not even sure about that.

Project #1:

1) Call Julie Bean and ask her for more information regarding the time and place of death
2) Locate Sally Peterson's obituary
3) Capture an image of the obituary

Possible Resources:

1) Julie Bean
2) Online archives of newspapers

Project #2:

1) Collect all documents relating to Sally Petersen

Possible Resources:

1) Don Carr, her husband prior to her death
2) Julie Bean
3) DeAnn Wilson

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I found the obituary and got a copy of it. Now in search of other records:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you so much! I will post what you found!

    ReplyDelete