Sunday, August 25, 2013

Harry Asmussen - Who is this guy?

I found this photograph while searching through my grandmother's old photographs:


William is my great grand uncle and Alice was his wife, but I have no idea who Harry is!  I have records of one of William's brothers named Henry, but he was born in 1887.  It is unlikely (although not impossible) that Harry is Alice and William's son, as Alice would have been 18 and William would have been 16.  Additionally, I have no idea where this headstone is located.  I don't think we need to re-photograph it, but visiting and noting gravestones close by may reveal other family members!

Project 1:

1) Find out who Harry is
2) Capture and document any evidence

Possible Resources:

1) 1900 US Census
2) 1920 US Census
3) 1930 US Census
4) Denver, Colorado Death Records (from familysearch.org or ancestry.com)

Project 2:

1) Find out where this headstone lies (use Denver, Colorado death or cemetery records as indicated above)
2) Visit the graveyard, search for any close by family graves
3) Take pictures of other graves

3 comments:

  1. The headstone is located in Fairmount Cemetery in Denver Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John and Helena(Lena) are burried there too.

      Delete
  2. Hey! We forgot to say that Liz and I went here! Very cool. The other side of the headstone actually has three more names. Very good experience. Though we tried to find the headstones of some other potential family members but the cemetery records were wrong and the headstones were nowhere to be found!

    ReplyDelete