Thursday, May 8, 2014

Progress: Ultimate Genealogy Research Log

As some of you know, I have been working through each and every source for our family history and painstakingly logging each piece of information.  This is an attempt to provide the very most accurate data for our family tree so that we can more easily spot holes or new work that has not been done yet because of prior mistakes.

I am happy to say that I have completed sourcing all of my records for our ancestors with surnames A-I. I have logged over 6,250 lines of uniquely sourced data.  I have been prompted to complete this project due to a couple of people in the family's desire to start family history and my inability to help because of my enslavement to the project.

If any of you are interested, I have uploaded the excel sheet to Google and you can check it out or download it here: Ultimate Research Log

It's actually too big to actually view online, so if you want to look at the breadth of it, you will probably have to download it.

I am hoping to finish the log in the next couple of months so that we can really get crackin'! Family History is exciting!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. whooo hooo!! Congrats and thank you. Because of your previous post, Emily has done a school project on Denmark and has learn a bit about where her Great Great Great Grandfather came from. I love to see what you have done. I appreciate this blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You weren't kidding when you names it Ultimate Research Log. Now the question is did you name it that first, so you felt it had to be ultimate? Or did you realize it was truly ultimate, and deserved no less than the given title?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOSES! Greg that is crazy amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I would have seen this sooner - this is amazing. We should have had an hour where you helped show us how to do this amazing work you've been doing so we all can help out. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete